Monday, 26 March 2012

Appreciating...

Today I'm learning appreciation.
Not of everything going well,
But of people who sit within the mess.
Not needing to clean or fix.
Just sit,
And be.
I'm learning to appreciate the moments in life,
The ones I would probably rather ignore.
I'm learning that these are shaping me,
Growing me.
I'm learning to appreciate pain.
I don't like it,
But I can look at it,
And know that it has a story,
And that story is one of survival.
And I'm appreciating vulnerability,
The scariest mission I have ever gone on,
One of the most uncomfortable journeys I've ever set out on.
Yet it is bringing me to life.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds wonderful, nothing better than feeling alive and a sense of contentment! Well done Lacey.. put the worries behind you, today is a brand new day!!

    ReplyDelete